E3, bay-bee! Or at least that’s how we imagine Terry would say it. For reals though: we give our rundown of things. We try to not repeat the same crap you’ve heard on hundreds of websites and podcasts, but it’s hard, y’know? In fact, I’m not even going to put any links in here. I mean, you know what happened, yeah? Anyway, all that, some viewer mail, and an update on our upcoming live call-in show.
In the spirit of the holiday season, this episode comes with bonafide topic links. See? Your Widget benefactors can be a giving people.
- AMD Bulldozer server edition is here! I bet AMD wishes they could go back in time to change all this.
- nVidia Geforce 560 Ti 448 arrives.
- AMD’s 7000 series GPU specs leaked
- Western Digital is buying Hitachi’s hard disk business
- Crucial M4 SSD gets firmware update that greatly increases performance.
- Google Wave axed
- Kindle Fire released
- Samsung take the piss out of Apple with their Galaxy S II advert.
- Apple iTV rumours gather more and more momentum.
- Have a 1st gen iPod Nano? Trade it in before it explodes.
- Steam got haxored.
- Thanks to Super Mario Land 3D, the 3DS finally starts selling. On its way to beat first year DS sales.
- Minecraft pocket edition released to IOS. Minecraft proper is now at 1.0!
- Game publishers back Blockbuster rentals as a way to battle used games
- Doom 3 source code is now available, and with no Creative Labs owned code.
- Jurassic Park game devs scam Metacritic reviews ahead of launch
- Sony is working on their own version of Super Smash Bros
- Sega Genesis version of Super Street Fighter 2 updated to include online multiplayer
- Online bodyguard….anyone….anyone?
- Sonic the Hedgehog turned 20. Sega release special history of the character video online.
- Whoops. I just deleted an MMO.
- Space travel demands Counter-Strike.
- A little wee bit of Viewer Mail
It’s a pre-E3 show, but unlike the rest of the planet, we don’t whine about how there’s nothing to talk about. Here goes:
- The honeymoon is over; malware hits the Mac hard.
- Sony seriously can’t catch a break, but neither can a lot of game companies it seems.
- Google Wallet. No thanks.
- The Vita? C’mon man…
- Modern Warfare 3 struts its stuff. Sorry console kids: that’s PC footage.
Good bit of viewer mail, and we finally checked our iTunes comments (thanks, Mark!). See you in the glorious post-E3 world.